Arctic Centre of the University of Lapland and City of Rovaniemi are looking for student assistants to organizational support during the Rovaniemi Arctic Spirit conference at Lappia Hall from November 14 to 16, 2017, for approx. 40 hours.
The Rovaniemi Arctic Spirit is a three-day event and the first major open conference to be held during Finland's chairmanship of the Arctic Council. It is part of the official program when Finland celebrates its 100 years of independence. The conference combines panel discussions, workshops, pre-event, poster presentations, networking, cocktail sessions, side events, tours, exhibitions, conference dinner and more.
- Participants in Rovaniemi Arctic Spirit: about 250 – 350
- Total number of assistance needed: 15 assistants
What you need:
• Very good English language skills
• Very good social skills and positive attitude to customer service
• Hands-on mentality
Please send in your application by 15 September 2017 to Marja-Leena.Porsanger@ulapland.fi including your full name, mobile phone number, email address and CV in Finnish or English.
We are looking forward to your application!
Further information on the conference >
What you could expect:
• Organizational support during the Rovaniemi Arctic Spirit
• Registering participants to the conference
• Answering questions / handling requests of conference attendees personally during conference
• Logistical support during the academic program and social events (Bus tour to the Arctic Circle and Santa Claus Village, Welcome Reception, Opening session, Panel discussions, Conference Dinner, Closing Cocktails)
Why you should join:
• Insights and practical experience in organizing international conferences and events
• Explore your potential to handle tasks independently in a sophisticated manner
• Get study points from your department (please, consult your department staff!)
You will also get:
• Training/info in advance
• Food/beverages during the event Tue-Thu
• Event t-shirt (or corresponding)
• Work certificate